Thursday, June 11, 2009

MAC ATTACK.

Okay, so,today with my mother we went to the Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture here in Spokane, other wise known as the "MAC Museum". Their big exhibit right now is a Sci-Fi costume exhibit on loan from the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle. It's awesome that a rinky dink city like Spokane can SOMETIMES manages to get cool stuff around.

Anyways, unfortunately though, the MAC museum would not allow any photos to be taken of the exhibit. Darn. So.....hmmm.....the solution to that problem was well, nobody told me I couldn't DRAW things. So came my new moleskine mini sketchbook and off I went.

(some have color- I added that when I got home as I don't tend to lug around watercolor kits too....I should maybe though.)








There were a few more things that were awesome (GHOSTBUSTERS+PROTON PACK POWA!!!), that I didn't have the energy to sketch out, but...I'm going back to the MAC museum on Saturday to attend a lecture they have there with this artist who used to work for Disney/Lucasarts/Cyan Worlds *Myst/Riven, local gaming studio*, among other things, so I might draw some more.

I also wanted to take reference shots of some of the houses in my neighborhood for my comic...but....I was tired by the time I finished these sketches and wanted to go home. Next time? =/

No comments: