Sunday, March 22, 2009

Moar dumpage of artwork + thoughts

Hey guys. More stuff outta my sketchbook. Most of this was done on Tiring Tuesday (AKA the day when I have classes from 8:30 in the morning until 9:45 at night...). And I really need to clean my room so I have access to my scanner again, apologies for how cruddy some of the images look-they're just sketchbook pages though. Just some concept sketches for characters and random crap.







And in other news....I think I may try and get some comic work done this month and the next so I can get a table in Artist's Alley at my local comic con, Spokane Comiccon? It'd be a nice experience and might help me get some commission work/ give me some direction in my work maybe? Last year I met some nice guys there, in particular, this fellow named Eric Anderson who works on a little comic I read called "PX!" (the full title is PX: A Girl and Her Panda) and who worked at the only local 3D gaming studio in the Spokane area (*cough* Mead*cough*), Cyan Studios, well, before it met a very languishy demise. I'm at least gonna go and see him this year, but I'd really love to have a table there. It depends. Im gonna try and enlist the help of one of my fellow artists (she has a Deviantart account here, as well as a Blogger account which her comic work will be going on eventually), maybe we can have like, "comic days" where I can actually get some work done.

(Oh, and mentioning PX makes me want to put it in the link category- done!)

Technically I still have that Rebel Forces tale that I started but never finished- (see this post for what little I had done on it.) it was a one-shot that was going to deal with the relationship between Tobias and his father Matt...and by one shot, I meant it as just an exploration of things with the possibility for more if it did well.

And there's also Moonlit Shadows, which was a craptactular comic I started in my freshman year of college (and then my animation coursework got in the way ALOT). It has the pro that these characters and the storyline are all my creation- Rebel Forces has some problems where some of the characters are not my creation AND we're still working out story issues VERY VERY SLOWLY, me and my friend. *sigh*.

But if I did that I would REALLY want to redo all the pages. In Tobias, I'd like, redo the cover and some color on the pages, but I was fairly pleased with the direction I was taking it otherwise. Hmm.

Wish me luck I guess. I don't really have many people motivating me to do any sort of work lately aside from schoolwork- my own work has kinda...languished.

Oh, and also, some work from my Illustration and Graphic Design classes that I did recently. One is a redo of an illustration from the Pacific Northwest trickster tale about Raven (who steals the sun from the Sky Chief in order to place it in the sky and give us light), and another is a poster done in the style of the Stenberg brothers advertising for an false exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art in New York (AKA MoMA)





I'll have more work later for viewing. My next project in Illustration involves toys, so I'm gonna design a couple of skateboard decks with some cute punk urban crap hopefully. Yeahz.

Imma gonna go channel the spirit of Jack Kirby so I can get shitloads of work done! Whooosh!!!!!! (I mean- I have a research paper I need to do of Mr. Kirby very soon.....durr....*)

No comments: