So I bought a tutorial book to get myself to relearn some 3D Modeling and texturing skills, specifically, Blender, which is a free program that is not that unlike Maya/3DS Max. I want a gaming job, so having you know, recent 3D experience on top of what I'm going to produce this year for Illustration would help my job hunting ALOT.
However, I don't particularly feel like throwing mad dough at Maya...so...Blender. Yeah. The only differences really is that okay, menus in Blender will not be Menus in Maya (the twiddly knobs), but the concepts are the same. Polygon/NURBS modeling. UVs/Textures. Keyframe Graph Editor style animation. Lighting rendering rigging blah blah blahhhhh.
So, today I worked through one of the projects in the 3rd chapter of this book, which was making a Monkey's head move (animate). Granted, I've animated walk cycles and all sorts of stuff in the past, but I don't have them with me at the moment as they're all on my computer at school (which I will have access to in less than a week.). But like I said, interfaces are different between Maya/Blender so I did this to familiarize myself with the differences in Blender.
(also in the process I discovered how to set cameras/lights/render whee probably should have set a texture other than default grey but I didn't feel like it....baby steps)
Tommorrow: I think I finally get to start modeling stuff! WOOOOOOO! (and my brain doesn't hurt that much yet so hopefully it'll go fast...at least until I get to rigging which always makes me want to toss and smash things. X_x)
*goes to go watch Reboot and work through the rest of the chapter*
No comments:
Post a Comment