Thursday, October 02, 2008

FRAGGIN FRAG FRAG FRAG!!!!!

Lately I've been feeling more than frustrated...it might be a good sign that I'm actually starting to break through that "wall" I've been stuck behind for the past 6 months or so art wise- that I realize that I am not hot cakes when it comes to my work- but I'm okay with that despite popular teacher opinion breathing their hot breath down my neck.

I've been reading a lot of comic books lately when I have a moment or two, looking at the artwork....in particular, I'm still looking at Bisley's work. Slowly I'm working on acquiring scans of every single fraggin Lobo comic out there.



Lobo's such a great character. I'm a sucker for anti-heroes...Wolverine...Batman....etc,etc. But Lobo. OMG. He beats them all. He's like Wolverine+Immortality+Biker+the belief that he is the best in the world. He kinda reminds me of my character Matt Barton. They're alike at their most nitty gritty...they're both muscleheaded assholes who like extreme acts of violence...but...it stops there, the details aren't the same. Lobo's a bounty hunter who is also was born a psychopath who killed off his own species for fun. Matt was born human, and chose to embrace his more demonic side (through blood)...also a psychopath, but he will not kill off ALL of his own race as then he would lose his source of entertainment....

Science would describe Lobo, as "primary psychopathy"- biologically caused- born that way.

Matt would be "secondary psychopathy"- a result of not only genetics, but also the enviromental he was surrounded by...he was molded slowly into a demonic being of a man(?)

This is all theoretical of course....I mean...I can't compare my own characters to freaking....the freakin Main Man...he's just too awesome for that. So yeah.

Dunno. Just thought about writing about what I've been up to aside from work. Yay.

No comments: