Now...because of my busy schedule I haven't yet had time to implement any redos of these after I had recieved crit from my Concept teacher. I <3 Dan's crits but as for redoing them...I have enough problems making 6 panels....making 6 panels then having 6 more to redo...I never manage to do it. Argh.
Assignment 1: Clean Entrance/Clean Exit
Essentially: Entrance= character leaves a location, show a new location, character enters location. Exit: Character is in a location, something happens, character leaves. It's a series of cuts to show the passage of time.
Scenario/Characters: Matthew Barton (my main character) is in an abandoned/derelict hotel, heading towards the elevators. There is a zombie. So obviously Matt will prepare to attack the zombie with his beam saber drawn. After some time he is cornered by the Zombie. All is not lost though,and well, he kills the zombie and leaves the elevator. It takes more than a fricken zombie to kill Matt! Rar!






Comments: Yeah, holy shit, this was the first assignment so thusly I really didn't know quite what to expect. Some drawings I think are absolutely awesome (Despite the camera movement in sequence 1 is far far off- I like the drawings..), while others (most of sequence 2-where the shading fails)= Blargh.
Assignment 2: Reverse Shot
Essentially....one person speaks. Then cut to a shot of the other person responding. Then cut back to the first person who now should have a new reaction of some sorts. Then the other part was the same thing but had to be "Over the Shoulder" shots where you could see the back of one character but the face of another.
Characters/Scenario: Matt and his older brother Keegan are talking on a beach...a beach which Matt's family was essentially killed by the government while he could do nothing about it. So this spot brings up some relatively evil thoughts for Matt...despite he's a badass, and mostly demon now, he does have his moments of regret like humans should.





Comments: I like these. Yes. But they will be better because I have crit to implement on them! (Remember these=not just assignments but development for my world)Assignment 3: Cut on the Look
Cut on the Look= A character looks at something. You don't see it in the shot. Then cut to the next shot where you see, what the hell he's looking at. If he's in this shot he's not the main focus, the main focus is the OBJECT/CHARACTER. Then cut back to the character where you see whatever reaction he may have.
Characters/Scenario: Xavier Reddish is hiking in the forest...he sees a soldier. He's not much of a fighter, so he panics/freezes on what to do now. Then, later on his hike, he comes across a huge box...which is an armored combat mech of some sort. Not wanting to get blasted he tries to sneak off.






Comments: I'm remaking these ones. They're not bad...but....I want them greyscaled and Dan gave me some awesome ideas to make them better. Stay tuned- hopefully.
So yeah, there's two more assignments like this plus I'm going to remake these in what little free time I have (maybe). So stay tuned. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment