Friday, December 28, 2007

Doodles of Insomnia

I couldn't sleep last night. It happens every couple of nights, I can't sleep for one reason or another. I blame the fact that at school, I have to stay up late nights at the labs, and then sometimes follow that with some other homework, like Concept or a liberal arts class. Then an 8:30 class. So all in all....my body is sometimes like "Sleep? Forget about it, work instead!" at night.

So I decided to doodle in Painter (a program I RARELY use...Photoshop gets my nod more often) to keep me amused in the night. Interesting things came out...some random...some not so random. Like these two drawings....

We're planning on aging our characters two years sooner or later in the RPG world. So this is my first thoughts about Xavier two years later. I got the idea at Jingle Bomb 6 (A rave in Seattle earlier this month) to make him a DJ two years later...one of the youngest on the San Francisco/West Coast scene.

Furthermore...his family ties, his skill in hacking and infiltration, they earned him a spot in the CIA as again, the youngest agent there. He may look like he's old, but he's only 16. (He's just...really tall....yeah...when he was 14 he was 6'5"-and he hadn't really gone through the whole magical thing called "puberty"...so at 16 he's grown at least a couple of inches taller...) Something like that. I probably shouldn't spurt out all my plans as I don't want to spoil the surprises I'm cooking up for my friend K. (I have dibs on the next major events, dood. >_> )

Then...I doodled some more...random stuff. I decided I needed an exercise on anatomy....I went to this one bodybuilder's website (Markus Ruhl...freaking badass German guy..) ....and....obviously the anatomy corresponded into Matt. I'm actually pretty damn pleased with this picture. I freakin worked on this thing for like....4 hours, and these are just the pencils. I'll probably ink and color this one eventually...it's like...Matt's "fighting" picture like you would see in like a video game or something. Yeah, he's that cocky to only halfway bother guarding, lol. He's built like a freaking tank and has the powers of darkness on his side.

(Mind you, I probably once again exaggerated Matt's musculature a bit too much....but I don't give a care. My logic on this is that if anybody aside from his brother bothers to chide him for what he looks like...he'll smash them to the ground. He won't say why he looks like he does, but it amuses him, and that's all that matters in the end to Matt...life is there, humans are there, the fight is there...for his amusement.)


Anyways.....hmm....I still haven't done any work on my maquette. I hit a rut because I'm not sure whether or not I should double up the wire I have for the armature (it's that tie wire that was in the 3D Design studios last year...that stuff that spews grease onto your hands...), and if I am...I need to buy an effin drill. *sigh* Thank god there's an ACE hardware like....3 blocks from my house in Spokane. That would SO come in handy in Sarasota but pfft....Sarasota ain't as awesome as Spokane, PERIOD.

That's all for now....it's Friday tonight.... so it's time to have some more fun with friends. Yup.

No comments: